Hello, hello! It’s time for some posts after our Disney Cruise! Over the next few weeks I’ll be going over different aspects of the ship we sailed on, the Disney Dream! From the shows, to the restaurants, some must do’s and even a post all about the private island! But today we are starting with an overview of the Disney Dream. Let’s jump right in!
The Disney Dream is the larger of the Disney ships, sister ship to the Disney Fantasy, and can hold 2500 passengers plus crew. It sails exclusively to The Bahamas from Port Canaveral, and generally does back to back sailings of 3 night and 4 night.
Things to Do
One thing you won’t run out of on a Disney Cruise is things to do! There is always something happening, and you can do as much or as little as you want! We didn’t do much because we really wanted to relax, but if you like to be busy you can keep busy! Some of the different things to do include:
- pools, splash pads, Aquaduck slide
- goofy sports like mini putt and basketball courts
- movie theatre with the newest releases
- live shows every night
- movies on funnel vision
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for your little ones
- spas, including passes you can buy for the duration of your cruise to use they hydrotherapy spas!
- Adults only areas (18+)
- and so much more!
Your navigator is the schedule of the days events. It’s what going to tell you what’s happening where! I give you a closer look in the video at the bottom of the post, but we picked up the paper navigator each morning. If you don’t want to get the paper one, download the Disney Cruise Line App before you sail, and it’s available there!
unique to the disney dream
- Beauty and the Beast show (a must see!)
- Millennium Falcon in the kids clubs
- Oceaneer club and Oceaneer Lab- ages 3-12
- Edge- ages 11-14
- Vibe- ages 14-17
- It’s a Small World Nursery- ages 6 months to 3 years (at an additional cost)
As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, we will be going into more detail in the next few weeks, so I hope you enjoyed today’s overview of the Disney Dream!
If you’d like to hear more about the Disney Dream, check out the video below!
Have you ever sailed on the Disney Dream? What was your favourite part of the ship? Let me know in the comments below!
Thank you so much for joining me today!