Happy New Year! I can’t believe today is the start of 2020, and today I’m going to share my goals for the year! I’m also going to share some of the things I got for Christmas, because that’s always fun! Okay, let’s get started!
What I Got For Christmas
Ultimate Veg by Jamie Oliver– This was on my list and I’ve bookmarked about a million recipes. We are even trying some this week, so I’m excited! All vegetarian meals and I can’t wait to try them.
Fraiche Foods, Full Hearts by Jillian Harris and Tori Wesszer– This one wasn’t on my list but I’ve bookmarked quite a few recipes! I follow Jillian Harris, so I knew the book came out and am interested to try some of them! There are some fish recipes, as well as vegan specific recipes, and vegan/ dairy free alternatives. I think I’m going to be cooking a lot this year!
Antoni in the Kitchen by Antoni Porowski– Another cookbook that was on my list, because I love Antoni from Queer Eye! I was surprised by the number of vegetarian meals in here, and will definitely be trying them as well!
A New iPad mini!– Ethan surprised me with a new iPad and I was definitely shocked! My old one was over 6 years old, so it was going to need to be replaced soon. But now I’m all set up with my new one and have some apps that I couldn’t get because my other one was so old!
Beats 3 Wireless Headphones– I got a pair of these for Ethan and my parents got me a pair! So now 4 of us in the house have them, and they are nice for when I’m editing videos or just listening to music!
A Bath Shelf – A gift for my sister that I wanted to use right away! It has a space for a wine glass, a phone, and a book or tablet. It’s just an excuse to have a bath which I am all for! I linked a similar one, and you can see it in use below!
1. Find a new normal- this year is going to bring a lot of change (moving into our own house!), and I’ll be the first to say that I’m not great with change. So this year, I’m going to go with the flow and know that a new routine isn’t going to happen right away. I will find a new normal and adjust to life in a new house.
2. Read 40 books!- 30 was my goal last year, and I passed that, so this year I’m going for 40! I’m hoping to beat that because I was so close to 40 by the end of 2019, but we will see! If you want to see what books I’m reading, where I’m at in the challenge, and what’s on my list of what I want to read, follow me on Goodreads!
3. Find a healthy balance- This was a goal from last year that didn’t quite happen, so it’s on the list for this year. I’m trying to find the balance of not obsessively restricting foods, but still eating healthier. Maybe closer to an 80/20 rule (eating healthy 80% of the time, not so much by 20%). And getting back into the routine of working out regularly. Ethan and I have a vacation coming up that we are using for motivation!
4. Reduce waste- I got some stainless steel straws for Christmas in an effort to try and reduce waste. I also want to be more conscious of single use plastic and other ways to reduce waste. I think its someone everyone can try to work on, and I hope you try as well!
5. Visit my favourite place? I might have a trip planned, stay tuned!
a disney obsession
1. Finish a blogging course- I mentioned in the last post that I bought a big blogging course in December, so one of my big goals for this year is to complete that!
2. Pinterest- Another goal I had last year that I didn’t quite get to, and I want to make an effort to get better at Pinterest!
a sticker obsession
1. Add new products to the shop- I put a number out there last year and because the direction of my shop has changed a little I don’t think that is realistic for this year! But I do want to add more products to the shop, and will do that this year! Especially as I organize my house, ha!
2. Post to social media more- I completely fell off that wagon last year (and even a little bit before that), so I hope to post more this year. If I add more products to the shop, I should be posting them, so these goals come hand in hand!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday, and let me know in the comments below what your goals or resolutions for 202 are!
Thank you so much for joining me today!