Hello and happy Wednesday! To continue on from last week’s post, today I’ll be showing you exactly how to make a dining reservation at Walt Disney World with an allergy. The exact same process can be used for a dietary restriction or special request. Okay, let’s jump in!
- First things first, you’re going to head to the Walt Disney World website. Under the heading “things to do”, you can click on Make Reservation under Dining.
2. Next, you can specify by park or location, date, number of people, and specific time or meal. I made a reservation just for the purposes of this post (I wish I was having dinner at Kona Cafe on Monday!)
3. You will see all of the reservations available at that time (or close to it) sorted alphabetically. All of the restaurants that don’t have anything available will be all the way down at the bottom. To select a reservation, click on the time bubble for the time you’d like. If you are looking for a specific restaurant you can use the search bar to find the restaurant, and search reservation times from within their page.
4. Next you are going to confirm your dining party. If you are trying to make a reservation for a restaurant that is popular you can do this step once the reservation is made.
5. All Walt Disney World restaurants require a credit card to guarantee a reservation, and if you do not show up for a reservation this card will be charge $10 per person on the reservation. If you are making a reservation for a restaurant that is competitive, make sure to have a credit card saved to your account before you start the reservation process.
6. On the next page you will see the spot to enter an allergy or special request.
7. The next page you see will will allow you to select any allergies that apply, or you can also select “Other”. When we visited in 2016 and my sister was on a puree diet, I selected “Other” for every reservation. It also provides information if you require Kosher or Halal meals, or if you have any further questions in regards to your allergy or dietary restriction.
8. Also if applicable, you can select the box if you require wheelchair accessibility. When I visit with my sister I check this for every reservation.
9. Next you will review the reservation before confirming. If the timing isn’t exactly what you are looking for but it’s for a popular restaurant, I would suggest making the reservation so you have something and you may be able to modify the time later.
10. You’re done! The last page you will see is the confirmation page. The reservation will now show in your account under “My Plans”.
As you can see Walt Disney World makes it really easy to make a dining reservation with an allergy or dietary restriction. If you are noting this on your reservation, always make sure to confirm that note when checking in for your reservation (Cast Members usually will). They will stamp the reservation slip with ALLERGY (even if it’s just a special request or dietary restriction) and just means that a chef will visit your table to make sure they can have something for you to eat! If you’d like to know how to navigate Walt Disney World with dietary restrictions, make sure to check out this post!
If you have any questions please let me know in the comments!
Have you ever visited Walt Disney World with a dietary restriction or allergy? What was your experience?
Thank you so much for reading!