Hello friends! Today I thought I would share a list of sorts. You may have noticed that I’ve been sharing books in recent monthly favourites, and since my vacation in May, I have been reading so much more! It makes me so happy because I’ve always loved to read. I’ve just realized that when I enjoy it, I need to make time for it! Ethan and I are getting out of the habit of watching tv before we fall asleep, and instead reading, which makes my heart happy! So today I thought I would share some of the books I’ve been loving recently! Some you might recognize from some monthly favourites, but recently I’ve been quite ahead in filming so some of these didn’t make the cut! I also included a few books that I could re-read over and over because I love them so much. Okay, let’s get started as I share 10 books I’m loving right now, in no particular order!
1. Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane- This book got me hooked quickly! It’s about a girl who as a reporter has an on-air breakdown, and end up pretty much not leaving her house. Then, her husband ends up not being the man he seems. Then a whole bunch of stuff happens that’s crazy and keeps you reading until the very end!
2.Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty- This book recently became abn HBO mini-series and both are good! It’s about a group of mom’s in Australia and their kindergarten kids, but someone is murdered. And you don’t know who was murdered or who did it! The school drama mixed with the relationships between the parents and their spouses keep you guessing.
3. My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella- I love any book by Sophie Kinsella. In fact, I’ve read every single one! Her newest book tells the story of a girl trying to make it in London, who is trying to recreate herself from where she grew up in the country. Things get a little messy, and kept me laughing the whole way through! An easy but fun read that I finished in less than a week!
4. The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson- Two people meet in an airport, and decide to tell each other about their lives, putting everything out there. The man finds out his wife has been unfaithful, and he wants to kill her. The woman wants to help. This book had so many twists and turns I couldn’t stop reading! But just a warning, it ends abruptly. I was angry! But it was such a good book! While I was composing this post I found out it’s going to be a movie, and I can’t wait!
5. Love Real Food by Kathryne Taylor- This cookbook is new to me and I’ve already tried a few recipes that I’ve really enjoyed! I even went through the whole book and wrote down two pages worth of recipes I want to try! I mentioned this cookbook in my August monthly favourites.
6. The Child by Fiona Barton- This is the book I’m currently reading, and even thought I’m not halfway through it, I’m enjoying it! It’s told from a few different perspectives after the remains of an infant are found in a construction zone. But they look like they have been there for years. The chapters are short so it’s nice to read a bit at a time, and I can’t wait to see what happens!
7. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman- I’ve been reading this book in between all of the other books I’ve read, and it’s really cute so far. Each chapter is sort of a short story, and Ove is your typical grumpy old man. It’s funny to hear things from his perspective! This book was also made into a movie, so once I’m finished reading it you can bet I’ll watch the movie!
Books I could re-read Anytime
8. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling- I think I’ve only read the series twice all the way through, and I wish I could re-read them every year! I just finished watching all of the movies, so of course I now want to read the books. I don’t know if anybody has not heard of Harry Potter, but the books tell the story of a boy who is more special than he knows, and he grows up and goes to a school for magic.
9. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- I’ve read every book by Emily Giffin, and I think this one is my favourite. She has a way of intertwining the characters from the different books into each other’s books, so it’s neat to see how the characters evolve. Plus, I love this movie too! It tells the story of two best friends, one of whom is getting married, while the other is secretly in love with her fiancé.
10. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn- Although I don’t know if I could re-read this book again right now because I still remember some of the twists and turns, I wanted to mention this book because it got me hooked on thrillers. I feel like I used to stick to rom-com type books, and now I’ve read quite a few thrillers! Gone Girl tells the story of a husband and wife, and when the wife disappears in what looks like a murder, her husband is the first suspect. I love the movie as well (because Neil Patrick Harris!), and would definitely recommend this book!
Thank you so much for reading the 10 books I’m loving right now! Depending on how much I keep reading posts like these might become more frequent!
What are you reading right now? Let me know in the comments!