Since Walt Disney World reopened back in July you might find yourself wondering what resorts at Walt Disney World are open? Today we’re breaking down just that, as well as some other things to expect or keep in mind if you are looking to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort soon! Okay, let’s jump in!
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Vacation Club Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (read trip recap after staying here)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (read trip recap after staying here)
- Disney’s Rivera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Resorts that haven’t reopened at this time
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort- planned to open on March 22nd, 2021
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort- planned to open May 30th, 2021
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge- planned to open June 6th, 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort- planned to open Summer 2021
- Disney’s Boardwalk Inn- no reopening date right now
Some of these resorts have construction going on, others are just closed due to lack of reservations. If you have a reservation at a resort that is currently closed or likely to be closed during your reservation, you will likely be moved (and potentially upgraded). Reservations are still being accepted at these resorts.
Things to keep in mind if staying at a Walt Disney World Resort
Because of physical distancing measures and other precautions, guests are asked to bring contactless forms of payment where necessary. You should also download the My Disney Experience app and complete online check-in so you can go straight to your rooms! Face coverings are required in all public areas, and housekeeping services have been modified. You’ll also need a Park Pass Reservation to access any of the 4 theme parks.
Consider renting DVC Points
One thing you may want to consider if you are looking to visit Walt Disney World this year is to rent Disney Vacation Club points. This would allow you to have the largest selection of resorts currently open (just look at the size of that list of resorts compared to other categories!) at a fraction of the price. Lots of Disney Vacation Club owners are renting points right now if they can’t be used or if owners don’t feel comfortable travelling right now. I’ve written all about how we became Disney Vacation Club members, and All About Disney Vacation Club if you are looking for more information. If renting points is something that you’ve considered in the past, now would be a great time to check it our and take advantage of it.
Other posts about the Walt Disney World Resorts
All About Disney Resort Hotels
Over the next few weeks we’ll be going park by park to see what’s currently open, and these posts will be updated as things change! Have any questions about visiting Walt Disney World right now? Leave a comment below!
Thank you so much for joining me today!